Botanical and Cultural Adventures

Botanical and Cultural Adventures

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Heading to the World Bromeliad Conference

I'm busy preparing for a trip to Orlando for the World Bromeliad Conference this week.  It should be a great time catching up with friends from around the globe to see what is new in the bromeliad world.  The WBC will also be exciting as I will be presenting on rediscovering the long lost species, Hechtia argentea, the plant that started me on my adventures exploring the wonders of Mexico.  Many bromeliad collectors are familiar with the many Tillandsias that grow in Mexico, but overall little is known of the genus Hechtia.  Hopefully my presentation will open many eyes to the wonderful plants in this understudied genus.   If you are going to be at the conference, make sure to say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment